I have to start thinking and planning for my object wich I intend to make for our upcoming art event called ; Proyecto en Sitio".We have invited 5 artists from abroad and about 5 from Mexico also 3 universities here in Morelia city will participate.Because I am the organiser of this I do not have time to make my piece when all the artists will arrive here in Umecuaro,Michioacan so I have to start right now doing my stuff.I was thinking to do some hanging stones pieces but I have done that before so I walked around and found a big stone on the shore of the lake which I will use.I will put this stone vertically up and create a special place around this stone with smaller stones also nearby I will create a place like an altar............not religious but anyway a special spiritual place connected with the big stone which I will call"Worship Stone".Maybe I will start collecting stones pretty soon now and even try to get this stone up with the help of my old fashioned tripod with tackle,chains and wires.I wonder what the local people might think,say or ask to me..............Here in Umecuaro ,a little place in the mountains at a height of 2250 m the about 300 people  who life here are not at all familiar with art so imagine when I start making my piece here in situ.............But it will be good to start as soon as possible so to show the local people here what we are up to do in november when all the artists will intervene and make their stuff.........
Andalee we have to show everybody what the discipline of the so called; "Land Art" is or means because we will be having this event here on a yearly basis...............hopefully.




Comments