The old fashioned way.

Yes I have done it again moving a big heavy stone of about 1000 kg by myself in the old fashioned way the japanese tought me a loooong time ago when I was studying japanese garden architecture.............Just by adjusting the legs of the wooden tripod in a good way on the exact right location you are able to move any stone in any direction you want to and be very precise in the actual placement of the stone.


You can adjust the stone the way you want,one cm. more to the right or a bit more in an angle to the left,higher or lower,horizontally or vertically,no problem at all..............It only takes a bit of patience,the right mindset and proper tools such as a chain-block,steel wires and an iron bar to be able to do this by yourself.



After finding the right position you secure the stone by making a foundation or base using smaller stones to support the heavy stone in the position you want to...........
Any one can do this,well I think so..........it is not that complicated just always keep all in balance,place the legs in the right positions with the weight of the stone placed between the 3 legs,once you make a mistake of not being precise the tripod can be pulled down on yourself because of bad positioning of the tripod.Also by changing the postion of the steel wire which pulls the stone you can influence the balance,the weight and position of the stone.................Just practise a lot and you will learn how.........



Well the first part of the job has been done now it is ready to be sculpted or to be engraved I have not decided yet on what to do with this stone,give me some more time to make up my mind to get my tools and generator in working order and start working seriously on this stone...............





Comments