SOLAR SYSTEM.

Recently my sculptures look like space-ships or far away planets and spaces.........They do not seem to be from here ,from earth so to say.......They look foreign and strange..........They have another quality and atmosphere...........Maybe it is my mind , thinking of  nothing at all when I create , just following the stones and manage my tools to sculpt ,nothing more..........Maybe it is the total freedom of not worrying my mind about certain designs and shapes which I need to create to adapt to my clients or just to please other people with my works. Nothing at all no pressure............When these do sell or not it will be fine , they are with me sending out their messages to the world , just exhibiting these is sufficient .............Showing them here and there............Maybe touching someone some where is the idea...........


Detail view.

At the moment these strange stones are being exhibited in Coyoacan at Arte Hoy Galeria. For the last 2 years now they are silently waiting for that special person(s) to appear who will take one or more of these away with him/ her to their final destination(s).It is just a question of time as usually ...........Endless patience ..........Well just normal procedure I think , not ???? imagine all these years ,all the history of each and every stone I selected to be sculpted , waiting patiently to be picked up by me...........Bring them to my studio and work on these , creating forms and new shapes and even polish parts..........


"Inside".


Wondering what I will create from now on..........Looking for some new material in stone to work with ,maybe these hexagonal prisma stones or something I never worked on before ,who knows.........We will find out soon enough because I know myself , always exploring new ways and materials ...........These will appear atomatically one day ............The story of my life............Walking , Searching , Asking , Finding and Creating again over and over............Encounters with Nature I call these.............

Solar System
Basalt.





Comments